The Jail House Rock and Roll is a virtual 5K walk/run or Bike 10,25,or 50 mile ride. You choose the safe route you are most comfortable with. The funds will go to the Saratoga County Historical Society and it’s Brookside Museum. Please follow safe social-distancing rules.
Where will you entry fees and donations go?
Your registration fee and donations will go to support the museum’s school education programs, online educational services, and museum operations. The entry fee is $15 per person and $25 for families.
There will be a registration fee of $3.25 that goes to the "it's your race" organization for the administration of the event. There is only one fee for either individual or family registration. Underdog timing has donated their time to help organize this virtual event.
To buy a buff you will be given an option during the registration process.
Donations are greatly appreciated.
Check out the History Center activities at: www.brooksidemuseum.org
The mission of the Saratoga County History Center is to serve as a repository for local and regional histories, provide innovative educational and public programing, and instill in our communities a deeper understanding of how the past informs and impacts our present and future.
About the Event.
With the Covid-19 crisis, virtual races have given us a much-needed outlet for our athletic activities. Most importantly, we want you to get out and enjoy a run, walk or bike ride and contribute in a healthy way. Sign up, run/walk/ride, submit your time, and accept our great appreciation for your support.
There is no official course. We suggest using one of the walking/riding trails. You can also use a mapped route using www.mapmyride.com You must sign up before you walk/run/ride and you should participate between August 15th and August 29th.
SWAG: We offering the 5K neck/head buff for $10 as a souvenir. If you would like one sign up quickly, as we only have 220.
The 5k buff
How does it work? 3 Easy Steps:
- Register any time before August 15.
- Run/Walk/Ride the course outlined below any time between August 15th and August 29th at Midnight. Note: All current local municipality Stay at Home orders allow us to run/ride outdoors (observing social distancing guidelines).
- Submit your Time. Use the IYR Virtual App on your phone or time your race on your own (with a watch, GPS or an app like MapMyRun or Strava), and then follow the directions below to enter your time. We are on an honor system here as this is a charity race.
- Final results will be posted on Monday, August 31st.
How to Record & Upload Your Run Results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your phone from the App Store. Both Apple and Android devices will work.
2. Login using the email address you registered with
3. Search for this event
4. Go to "Tracker" and click "Ready to Start My Race"
5. Run, walk, or ride the distance you signed up for and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email).
6. Check your results
How to Manually upload your results: